Why did you delete my post?

I

irishpancake

Re: Updated and corrected information on Irish Nationwide Mortgages

I fail to see why my post in the closed thread was deleted.

All it did was reiterate the facts as pointed out by dillons, and give a direct link to the [broken link removed].

I note that dillons had his original post deleted also, although it pointed out a grave misinterpretation of the facts on Brendan's behalf. :(

Hi Irishpancake

Brendan has posted this in the original topic. Also, dillons' post has been restored by Brendan.

Marion

Marion said:
Hi Irishpancake

Brendan has posted this in the original topic. Also, dillons' post has been restored by Brendan.

Marion

Not true Marion, Dillons' original post was deleted, and has not been restored. he/she had to post again, as can be seen here. as per Brendan's quote

I have deleted your question as it's the umpteenth time it's been asked. Read the FAQ for mortgage holders and read the FAQ for share accounts.

i think AAM mods were very quick to delete posts which were factual, and mildly critical of Brendan.

I misread DillonS's original post which I thought referred to the share account FAQ.

Dillon S reposted pointing out
a) that it was the Mortgage FAQ
b) that it referred to the 2 year rule used by the Irish Permanent and the First National

Irish Pancake, then posted:
a) that it was the Mortgage FAQ
b) that it referred to the 2 year rule used by the Irish Permanent and the First National

So I deleted Irish Pancake's post as I would delete any duplicate post.

I apologized to DillonS and I am, as always, grateful to have my errors pointed out.

Brendan

Brendan said:
So I deleted Irish Pancake's post as I would delete any duplicate post.

I'm sorry, Brendan, but I just can't find anything in the , or the , about deleting "duplicate posts", except where this is used as a device to bump up posts, which was not the case here.

What i did was provide a direct link to the INBS FAQ which was quoted by Dillons, but not linked.

Perhaps you misread my deleted post?

Irish Pancake

We don't discuss moderators' decisions normally, but I am happy to do so to a limited extent in this particular case.

Where posts are duplicated they are removed. The purpose of the duplication is not relevant. We don't have the time to play "spot the difference". You saw dillons' post and repeated it by quoting again. This is a critically important subject and it's important that the thread is not filled with redundant material. If you wanted to add a link to dillons' thread, then a simple post with a link to the FAQ would have been sufficient.

Brendan

Back