Why are our new case numbers of Covid so high....every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very quick to jump in and call this a disgrace or terrible with little or no knowledge or understanding of the situation there!
70 cases that have been identified and notified. It just seems a lot to me in one site (even if there are 5,000 builders there).
Construction only reopened in the last week or two or three?

But, maybe they’ve legitimate reasons for the outbreak.

70 cases that have been identified and notified. It just seems a lot to me in one site (even if there are 5,000 builders there).
Construction only reopened in the last week or two or three?

But, maybe they’ve legitimate reasons for the outbreak.
That site hasn't closed its deemed essential.

Just like my neighbours extension :rolleyes:
Eh no, not like your neighbours extension. Your neighbours extension isn't going to create hundreds of jobs and generate millions in tax revenue for the people of Ireland... or do you live beside a big factory in Leixlip?

The figure has been revised upwards to 85 and Intel will not be updating the figure any further.

So they're now up to the level previously seen in a single meat factory with a few hundred workers...on a site with 5,000 and hundreds more delivering supplies on a daily basis.

You haven't seen that site have you?

No, not the one in County Kildare. I’ve been to the one in Santa Clara (California) though.
Alas, I left my microelectronics career in the last century in favour of software engineering.

How can that be?

To go back to my original question, how can the infection rate on an outdoor site be so high?
85 cases reported out of 5,000 builders.
@Leo has pointed out that this rate is equivalent to outbreaks in meat factories. However, the latter are indoor.

Is Intel applying a Moore’s Law to Covid transmission?

No, not the one in County Kildare. I’ve been to the one in Santa Clara (California) though.
Alas, I left my microelectronics career in the last century in favour of software engineering.
So you have just continued to make incorrect assumption after incorrect assumption on this story.

So you have just continued to make incorrect assumption after incorrect assumption on this story.

What assumptions have I made? I’m just wondering how the cases numbers are so high (1,700 per 100,000) in this construction site.

Very relevant and accurate to the thread title: “

Why are our new case numbers of Covid so high....every day.”​

To go back to my original question, how can the infection rate on an outdoor site be so high?
85 cases reported out of 5,000 builders.
@Leo has pointed out that this rate is equivalent to outbreaks in meat factories. However, the latter are indoor.

Is Intel applying a Moore’s Law to Covid transmission?

Perhaps because the vast majority of work at the moment is indoors?

Note, I absolutely did not say the RATE is equivalent. I said the 85 number (again, not a rate) on a site with 5,000+ is the same as one of the worst meat factory outbreaks that had 85 cases among a few hundred workers.

Of course, as I previously asked and suggested, it may be an indoor site.
But nobody knows.
Maybe someone can swing by when inter-county travel is permitted.

What assumptions have I made?

You're assuming outdoor transmission, you assumed the rate here are worse that the meat factories, you assumed the transport wasn't following the same measures as public transport. Even the Daily Mail doesn't try so hard to make up a story with no attempt to ascertain the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back