Who to contact with tv advertising idea?

N

Nice Day

Hi,

I came up with an idea for an Irish ad.
Example.. Road saftey
Any idea who I should contact?

Thanks in advance!

Most adverts would be done by Ad Agencies I'd say. If its a Road Safety I'd try Gay Byrne and no before you ask I don't have his number.

try the Road Safety Authority after that you could maybe air your ideas with the Road Safety Officers in the different County Councils or maybe try Axa they are huge supporters of road safety adverts

Hope this helps

Sorry, I meant Road Safety as an example..
I have a few ideas, one being for drugs awareness..
Any ideas..

Thanks again

You are open to a real risk of having your idea stolen. I’m not certain on IPR laws in IE but it would be prudent to draw up a document detailing your idea and post it to yourself in a registered envelope. Don’t open it but keep it in case of dispute. This way you will have proof that you had this idea at a particular point in time.

Me thinks I should post myself some empty, unsealed registered envelopes then. Could be useful for claiming all sorts of ideas!

I think it's extremely unlikely that any professional agency will be interested in dealing with you as an outsider. Unfortunately it's much more complicated that just coming up with a good idea. However, if this is something you'd like to pursue as a career, your best bet would be to either apply to be an intern with one of the agencies or enrol in a relevant course.

Me thinks I should post myself some empty, unsealed registered envelopes then. Could be useful for claiming all sorts of ideas!

especially when the judge asks you to open it in court...and sentences you to a week for perjury and time wasting.

Most public service ad campaigns in Ireland are put out to tender. You can check out www.e-tenders.gov.ie to see which campaigns are being sought at any time.

Most of the the major ad agencies put in bids for at least some of these campaigns. If your idea fits a particular campaign, you could contact the agencies and tell them you have a good idea for a currently out-to-tender campaign (ask to speak to the creative director). If the agency likes the idea you could ask them to hire you on a freelance basis. Be prepared to not be paid if the tender is unsuccessful.

especially when the judge asks you to open it in court...and sentences you to a week for perjury and time wasting.

Thats why you don't seal the envelope when you post it... you only seal the 5 year only envelope after someone has had your idea ;-)

Back