Who owns the Rehab Recycling Banks?

IsleOfMan

I have been seeking out various Rehab Recycling facilities. On their website I notice that these appear to be managed by, in my area DunLaoghaire Rathdown County Council. I may be wrong on this though. I don't want to deal with Dun Laoghaire Rathdown if I can and recycle anywhere else that I can. This council are insisting that I pay them a yearly fee to use their recycling facilities. (I don't use their black bin facility).
I don't want to pay Dun Laoghaire Rathdown €100 per annum if I don't use any of their facilities but use other facilities.
Is there some law that says I have to pay these people the €100 per annum if I am using Rehab facilities?
Anyone know the answer?

I think the annual charge would only be for supplying you with a green bin, not for "using their facilities" - they don't check ID when you deposit clothes in the Rehab bins!

It is true that if you are not paying for the Black bin service, then Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Co.Co charge you for the green bin service alone.

You can bring your glass/paper etc to the Ballyogan Recycling centre for free which is run by Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Co.Co. Anyone can do this, there is no checking if you are a customer of Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Co.Co bin service.

Is this what you are looking for - a free recycling centre, or are you refusing to deal with Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Co.Co. on a poit of principle,

If so, are you willing to drive to Bllymount to the South County Dublin recycling facility.

I dont know what Rehab recycling facility you are talking about -where is this ?

Back