Who do I contact about abandoned car?

reds

Does anyone know who to contact about an apparently abandoned car? There's been one in the same spot in the cul-de-sac where I live for about six months. It's not in a driveway, it has four flat tyres and there's no tax or insurance disc on it. It's not obstructing anything.
Is it the council's problem?

Six months! and nobody has done anything about it! Do your neighbours talk to each other?

Yes there's a plate on it. As for the neighbours, I only moved in six months ago. I've got to know a couple of them but not them all. I have a feeling the car may belong to a particular family who aren't the most approachable, shall we say.
I don't want to pee anybody off, hence the question about who to contact!

Litter warden section in your Local authority, who will then contact the Gardai, who look for an owner, by tax license plate etc, if none is found the car is taken away, if its there that long, there is probably an owner somewhere that they are trying to contact.

If however, cough, there were no number plates on it then the corpo will happily remove it quite quickly.

If this is in Dublin, the Council have a service, see [broken link removed].
Leo

yeah no number plate and its simply a big piece of rubbish.

Ring the guards and give them the reg. We had a similar issue, car was left behind after a neighbours christening. I rang the cops after about three weeks, turned out to have been stolen.

M

]Hi reds, was in the exact situation myself a couple of weeks ago!
got on to the council said they would send out a warden to look at the car never heard back then I got on to the guards they said it was up to the council and then the council got back on to me and said if there is no tax & insurance its the guards problem this was going on for ages then they guards said they could not remove the car if it still had the plates on it (now the person who this car was registered to didnt even live in are estate!!!
Anyway basically no-one could be arsed to move it so my husband email the minister for environment and got a email back saying its the guards reponsibility to have it moved my husband then went back up to the guards and shown them the email and lord and behold the car was moved by the present owner within the next hour!!!
So I would suggest going up to the guards with the reg of the car first and finding out who owns the car first , if it has no reg it can be moved straight away by the guards !hope this helps keeva00

car was left behind after a neighbours christening. I rang the cops after about three weeks, turned out to have been stolen.

Nice neighbours! I suppose someone really needed to get to that christening. :)

Back