Best Buy Which Gigabit Fibre Broadband Service provider 2022 - Vodafone or PureTelecom?

TestLink

Live in Dublin Mid West and is currently looking for a 1 Gigabit Fibre Broadband + voip phone. Currently with VirginMedia 240 Mbps paying 63 euro per month and price is going to increase to 67 for the same speed!

Those who have 1 Gb fibre plan at the moment, can you please share you experience with your ISP?

Which one is better in terms of Reliability, Service and Quality of support - Vodafone or PureTelecom?

For 1 Gbps broadband + Free any time unlimited local and national calls Vodafone's price is 45 euro while for PureTelecom it is 40 euro per month.

Please see the price comparison attached for all Irish ISP's providing Gigabit fibre broadband. Thanks...

FWIW the only people rolling out fibre-to-the-home at the moment are Eir, SIRO (an ESB/Vodafone JV) and Virgin Media. PureTelecom look to be using Eir’s network. From a service perspective I think you’re better off not having to go through a middle man.

I have Eir’s 1Gb/s fibre for a couple of years now, it’s been absolutely rock solid and is very quick. Having said that I had Virgin Media’s 2-300Mb/s for years before that and it was also rock solid with very few issues. Download speeds are much faster on the fibre, but day-to-day usage is no different.

Yes.

My house is connected to Siro FTTH.

For the first year, from Sep 2019, I was with Vodafone, paying 25 pm after discounts.

Some discounts dropped off after six months, so I was paying 50 then.

Sep 2020 - I switched to Pure, but Vodafone lured me back with big discounts.

The headline price was 90, but I got several confusing discounts. During 2021 I paid 315 in total.

I recently switched to Pure, at 40 pm.

I suppose one advantage is it seems easier to speak to a person when you ring them.

Is the PureTelecom connection reliable and stable? I mainly work from home and a drop in connection is the last thing I want.

Also realistically what speed are you getting? Thanks...

Can’t comment on Pure, they are one of the providers who can give me the Siro 1 gig product at my home address, Digiweb , Sky, Blacknight, Fastcom, Vodafone, are the others .

Have been with Vodafone - Siro broadband FTTH (1 gigabit)for the last 4 years or so. Every year, i threaten to leave, and each time they come back to me. Just renewed last week, for same price as last few years , 40 per month.

This year, they initially refused to reduce the normal 60 per month to 40, only
Offering a 5 discount to 55 pm, but when i told them i was leaving, and gave notice, they rang me back, to offer 40 per month.

Its been very reliable, had a few issues about 2 years ago, but issue free since.

Is the PureTelecom connection reliable and stable? I mainly work from home and a drop in connection is the last thing I want.

Also realistically what speed are you getting? Thanks...
Pure/Vodafone/Sky/Digiweb etc all piggyback on Eir's network, it's the same service. My experience with Pure FTTH has been excellent, I was previously with Virgin (which was also excellent but I was tired of the annual dance to get a discount). Getting close to the advertised speed on a wired connection. As others have mentioned, the downside of going with anyone but Eir, is that you could end up dealing with two companies if things go wrong.

I am referring to the Siro ftth network,
where Eir is not a supplier, as they have their own seperate ftth network.

Some consumers, can get the Eir ftth network, some can get the Siro ftth, and i believe I read there are some others also. and many, cannot get ftth at all.

Back