Which banks allow eStatements rather than paper statements

Dreaming

Hello,

[First the preliminaries - As this appears to be my first post... Hello! - Long time reader of AAM but never (it seems - although I was sure I had once before...) posted before as I could always find the answer on this great resource.]

I love eStatements!

My query: What banks offer eStatements instead of paper?

My issue: I live with family, we have similar names and from time to time my post is opened. I like to keep my financial matters private, and I don't like it when my bank statements are opened. Also my post box isn't the most secure (external box), and so I'm a little concerned that a paper statement might fall into the wrong hands.

My experience of banks and eStatements:

• My current and savings account with Ulster Bank allows the choice of estatements rather than paper
  • My RaboDirect savings account has estatements (actually I'm not sure if Rabo even offers paper statements?).
  • Recently I opened a regular savings account with NationwideUK Ireland and was dissapointed to learn that they don't offer eStatements instead of paper. The best they could do was change the frequency from once every 3 months to annually in April.
So, what other banks/financial institutions offer eStatements instead of paper? KBC ?, PTSB ? etc?

Thanks,

AIB offer them as well. Their online banking site is good. That is about the best part of their banking system

AIB's online banking is often lauded but when I left them last year they still hadn't even introduced the ability to download CSV files for use in you own spreadsheets. That's basic functionality missing IMO.

I get estatements online from AIB when I login and select. Whenever I get an estatement, they post out a hardcopy! I don't need the hardcopy, but as I am not specifically charged for it, I don't care.

Never used them because in the past if you go for a mortgage/loan etc the lender looks for 6 months worth of statements and they will not accept the e statements meaning you have to go to each bank and pay them per page to get proper copies...is this still the case?

@Eithneangela - So does that mean I can go paperless with KBC, so long as I jump through their hoops? That would be great.

Thanks for all the responses guys. :)

I should clarify two points as my original post wasn't really clear. Firstly that privacy is my main concern, so it's more a desire to go paperless (at least as regards account balances) than a desire for eStatements or the functionality of csv files etc. Secondly I'm quite happy with my current a/c in UB and so I'm more interested in opening a new savings account(s) with a view to getting a better rate than I presently have at Rabo.

The best buys advice on the site is great for interest rate and sneaky conditions, but it doesn't mention whether the account can be paperless for privacy (there's an idea for a new best buy criteria for you Ciaran! ;) )

I had a look on PTSB's terms and conditions and they refer to eStatements. I assume these would replace paper statements? Can anyone confirm? thanks

I am with PTSB and its all eStatements. you dont get paper statements unless you request them.

Back