Where to shift term deposit which are about mature

L

Laoisa

Hi Help please anyone,
Last year I moved my lif's savings from the Post Office to Nationwide UK, & National Irish & abroad for a one year fixed term. They are all maturing this month. I don't know whether to move them to sterling & US and Canadian$ and risk the exchange rate. Or to take the hit on the cheek if the Euro dissapears and just put it all back in the PO. I' m addled trying to dertermine which is best any suggestions would be very helpful and very much appreciated.
Exaperated Laoisa

I'm afraid many many people, including myself, are asking and wondering the same thing. Truth is, nobody seems to really know. And if anyone does know, they ain't giving any advice.

A quick search through this forum and you'll find many posts similar to the one you just wrote.

Hi Help please anyone,
Last year I moved my lif's savings from the Post Office to Nationwide UK, & National Irish & abroad for a one year fixed term. They are all maturing this month. I don't know whether to move them to sterling & US and Canadian$ and risk the exchange rate. Or to take the hit on the cheek if the Euro dissapears and just put it all back in the PO. I' m addled trying to dertermine which is best any suggestions would be very helpful and very much appreciated.
Exaperated Laoisa

On one hand, you help protect yourself against anything that may happen to the EUR. On the other hand, you take on huge FX risk.

Diversification might be the best answer, with a basket of a few currencies including EUR, if you have sufficient funds to justify this.

Your choice.

Back