Where to save 17k (and growing) for ca 12 months?

Slaphead

Was going to look for this in key posts but cant find them now!

Anyway im putting together a deposit for a mortgate, i need about 20k alltogether and will hopefully buy in Spring or later, depending on how prices are falling. Im in no real hurry as were happy renting where we are and the more we save the less we pay on a mortgate.

But where do i keep the money until then, at the mo it's spread around in differnt accounts and were waiting for the majority of it to arrive to us in the next few weeks.
I have a TSB 21 day account, would that be best or would the credit union perhaps be better?

Try the www.itsyourmoney.ie lists of the best deposit accounts on offer and the many, many, many existing threads on mixing and matching multiple regular saver and lump sum accounts to maximise deposit interest returns.

Try the www.itsyourmoney.ie lists of the best deposit accounts on offer and the many, many, many existing threads on mixing and matching multiple regular saver and lump sum accounts to maximise deposit interest returns.

The www.itsyourmoney.ie site is not up-to-date

I'd recommend looking here: [broken link removed]

&

[broken link removed]

If you could stretch it to 20 months this is the best AER around:
[broken link removed]

I presume you have a permanent TSB 21 day account? If so, the interest is only 4.75%. I would say the credit union is even worse - most are offering or will offer around 3%. It is now generally accepted Northern Rock demand on line account (5%) is safe and convenient. There are others i.e. Halifax (5.15%), Anglo demand (5.3%) etc etc. The two you have mentioned are certainly not the best.

Back