Where to put savings

B

bkltd

Hi,

I have 200K in an AIB 30 day deposit account at the moment and I am wondering what my best options are. I put it there just to have it 'safe' and now want to do more with the money. I am concerned though about the volatility of the markets at the moment and my husband has said may be An Post? I would really appreciate any advice you could give.

Thanks in advance

Have you checked the Financial Best Buys forum for details of the best deposit rates on offer at the moment? An Post certainly don't feature in those lists!

I would seek professional advice with that type of cash. Make sure you spread it among a few asset classes so you are not at risk in any one classes. If buying shares/funds - also spread this amount the various markets and sectors.I believe the latest agusta fund investing in germany is worth a look but i dont have that type of cash so i havent researched it enough to give you an educated opinion

I think you might get more information here if you also post the answers to some or all of the following few questions: -

(1) How long are you prepared to lock up the money for, in full or in part?
(2) Do you require income from it?
(3) What's your attitude towards taking risks with it?
(4) Have you a mortgage and/or other loans?
(5) Have you already got pension-arrangements in place?

Back