Where to get suit/what to wear for an interview?

wavelength

I have an interview for a masters this week and due to hectic schedule at the moment I have not had time to get anything to wear? Would a suit be the best option? I was hoping to wear a suit but at this time of year they may be harder to get? Does anybody know of any shops selling nice ladies suits (Preferrably with a flared leg) at the moment?

Depending on the subject (I don't know about MBA type- but you'd probably already own a few suits if going for that), you don't really need a suit. Just be well-dressed, and don't forget to polish your shoes! Where are you?

Suits in Dunnes really reasonably priced & I find them the best for throwing in washing machine etc.

But for masters - I would say a pair of slacks & shirt is enough

Good luck

Marks and Spencers will normally have a reasonable range of separates that will create a decent suit, skirts / trousers / jackets.
I'd imagine that you need to treat this like a job interview for your dream job, after all thats what you do hope to get out of it, isn't it;)
After that I'd say neat tidy, on time, and be positive...
Best of luck

Have recently found Next to be quite good for suits. Reasonably priced, machine washable, and most have flared / boot cut leg. Their store in Liffey Valley usually has a good stock

River Island, they're slightly more expensive than next but have some really classy ones.

Bought a black pin stripe suit in H&M recently...didnt even expect to get one there, i just happened to be in there and seen them. Friend of mine seen lovely ones in new look this weekend.

M&S for good value, wear and comfort (they have bootcut types ones!) or Im quite a fan of Benetton/Sisley suits - I think they've a nice fit.

Thanks for all you help, I cant get to town but there is a shopping centre with some of those shops mentioned there so hopefuly Il get something.

There was a nice choice of suits in the shops you mentioned, unfortunately they had a lot of jackets in the right size but never had the trousers in the same size which was a little frustrating. I managed to get a jacket and trousers in two shops which are not a perfect match but will suffice! Thanks again for all your replies.

Back