Where to get new front door Dublin?

Toby

Wondering where to look for a front door supplier in South Dublin. I'm loooking for a not too modern design with high security and insulation spec. Any suggestions? Thanks

Thanks Suellen, had a look at those posts. I need to tell our builder asap what doors we're getting as hes building the wall around it now and I'm not sure how to proceed.

We saw some nice doors at Dublin Door Store and would consider something like [broken link removed]. Its mahogany with triple glazed glass. Would this be sufficiently insulating as a hall door though or is it worth getting something like Artic Doors http://www.arcticdoors.com/gallery.html provide? Or is the custom made option the way to go in which case what specifications should we look for to make it as well insulated as possible.

Many thanks to any door experts out there. Having to make a lot of decisions here at once as extension project takes off in a big hurry!

Still looking for new front door supplier. Does anyone know of a company that provides front doors with very simple leaded glass panels? I find the stuff on offer at Dublin Door Store etc too fussy. Or do we have to get something custom made by a joiner - any idea how much they charge? Thanks

About a year ago I was looking to get a new front door - joiner prices were around the 2.5k mark.... I mentioned this in work and a colleague (offered to get a serious mahogany door) complete with glass of my own design and he would fit.

This guy is a perfectionist and did a brilliant job, I supplied the furniture for the door - total material cost was less that €850 and I looked after him seperately. He bought all the materials in Louth where he is from - so teh Dublin rip off factor did not apply.

All you need now is to find a colleague similar to my lad.

Best of luck.

Roy

Hi - try Nordan and Rational, they have great doors, but both companies have very long delivery times (8-12 weeks which can in actual fact work out longer).

Good luck.

Monkey, thanks, any idea where to contact Rational? Found website for other crowd

Back