Where to get a good basic watch?

dosco

Where to get a good basic watch?

Jewellers seem to have gotten ito designer stuff.

Another annoyance is plastic straps - they are not great.

You cannot get black blacelets for watches so you have to keep buying useless plastic and leather straps.

The likes of Argos do reasonable looking but cheap his and hers watches - stainless straps? around €30 - €50. (e.g. brand Q&Q) Should get 5 years plus out of them - I have. :)

If you want a decent one and want to spend a little but not a lot....

H Samuels are pretty good. Rotary watches are probably the best value on the market. Not mad expensive, good quality and a certain level of prestige attached to them.

whats the price point? A basic watch meaning that it tells the time, what about date, elapsed time/stopwatch etc? Anyway, assuming cost is in issue, I'd recommend seiko - mostly good quality finish and movements. Most jewellers stock seiko. I personally don't like rotary seem way overpriced for badly finished mass produced stuff. However, they do have some new models about which up their game a bit - have a look at http://www.rotarywatches.com.

Regarding straps, if you're looking for a good quality strap and your watch either doesn't have one or didn't come with one in the first place, most jewellers sell hirsch straps which are a good high quality range

Back