Where to deposit money?

suziesu

Re: Fixed Term Lump Sum Deposits

I save €650 per month, where would I get the best regular savings rate on this? Also, I want to deposit a lump sum of about 12,000 - is Rabodirect my best option to go with? I'd appreciate any advice!

Re: Fixed Term Lump Sum Deposits

With €650 per month you have choice of Halifax (7%), Anglo Irish Bank (7%) or Bank of Ireland (6.50%). AIB are best (7.1%) but limit is €300 per month per person so spouse/partner could also have one bringing to €600 per month. Important to read terms and conditions of each as they differ. Rabodirect is best for lump sum (5%) but limit for this rate is 10k. After that Northern Rock (4.30%) or Anglo Irish Bank monthly notice (4.25%).

See the Financial Best Buys lists for details of the best deposit rates on offer.

max you can save each month with Boi is €500 unless you had a ssia account with them then its €1,000

I can now save €800 per month... i did have SSIA with bank of ireland... do you think I'm better off saving that amount with bank of ireland than the other banks like bank of scotland and AIB? I will probably need to withdraw the money within the next year.

I'd appreciate any advice

Back