Where to buy Ski boots in Ireland in Summer?

B

Brad Pitt

Looking to buy a pair of Ski Boots for a trip down to the southern hemisphere skiing this summer. Missed the sale in the Great Outdoors. Anyone any ideas as to where I could get a pair?
I know I can buy online but I also know how important it is to get a perfect fit.
ideas appreciated.....

Nowhere.

I'm pretty sure that shops will not stock them here in the off season.

There might be some chance in one of the larger sports shops in London (or a ski resort on the continent), but in Ireland I don't think you will have any luck.

They are very heavy by the way and will use a significant proportion of your baggage allowance, so you would probably be better off getting them when you get there.

z

Buy your boots over there. I've been skiing for years & am amased by the prices of skiing equipment here in Ireland. Even so called expensive resrts in the Alps are miles cheaper. In fact they're cheaper for drink, food & just about everything!!

Why not get the boot you want fitted in the great outdoors and buy them online??

Ski boots sizes are not an exact science, if you want a size 9 get one bigger as you'll be putting on two pairs of ski socks anyway.

Try here for online bargains - http://www.snowandrock.com/

Wiggles said:
Why not get the boot you want fitted in the great outdoors and buy them online??

Ski boots sizes are not an exact science, if you want a size 9 get one bigger as you'll be putting on two pairs of ski socks anyway.

How am I meant to get fitted when they have no boots??? I know what size I am. The very fact that Ski boots sizes are not an exact science is what prompted my thread.... Thanks for the link tho.

Try Capel Camping in Capel Street. A few doors down from Lenehans towards the bridge.

Back