Where to buy? Moving to Ireland, looking for country property

Hannah

We are considering moving to Ireland and wondered if you could help us. We are looking for a country property with at least an acre and outbuildings within about 30 mins of a town (big enough to be easily able to get p/t work - clerical, cleaner, that sort of thing - I am a legal secretary but I'm not fussy what I do).

Not knowing Ireland very well, are there are any areas you would particularly recommend or avoid? Obviously we would come over and do a more thorough recce but if anyone has any advice then that would be most helpful.

Also any websites which property all over too - I know about www.propertynews.com

Many thanks

Hannah

Hi Hannah,
I find [broken link removed] not so good for country properties. A lot of rural estate agents dont use it, so you might be missing out by relying on it.
you might find that you have to look a bit deeper to find local estate agents.

Is work your only concern regarding location? IE - What are you lifestyle preference - close to the sea, access to school, etc?

Heres some quick comments...

We've just bought in Wicklow and think it's beautiful there. It really is the Garden of Island and plenty of walking and scenery to be done if you like that. It's not too far from Dublin at all and only takes us 40 mins in the car if we need to visit Dublin for some retain Therapy. Wicklow has lots of great coastline too.

My folks swear by Co Wexford and it definitely is the "Sunny south east" with some gorgeous warmer summers down around Rosslaer etc Houses tend to be not badly priced at all. I personally am not mad on the County itself (sorry wexfordonians!!)

Back