Where to buy Irish honey?

ontour

Does anyone know where I can buy Irish honey, preferably from bees somewhere around Dublin?

I only require that the bees have produced the honey, not necessarily that they are involved in the sales process however if they read recent media they would realise that it is the retailers making all the profit and if they could sell directly they may not be forced out of honey production in the future by low cost Spanish bees.

In Malahide farmers market- theres a local man who sells honey from his own bees- its lovely- but it's €7 a jar!

Farmers' Market at Sonairte, located between Julianstown and Laytown - held every 2nd Sunday. There's a beekeeper from Dunleer who sells honey from his own hives. Cost €5.50 per jar.

Watch 'Fresh from the Farmers Market' tonight on RTE1 at 7.30pm, Clodagh McKenna is in Clare talking about Honey.

I buy mine in my local supervalu in Artane Dublin, it is called Boyne Valley Honeyco. Mell Drogheda Co Louth and it is delicious over porridge and cost €4.50

I buy mine in my local supervalu in Artane Dublin, it is called Boyne Valley Honeyco. Mell Drogheda Co Louth and it is delicious over porridge and cost €4.50

Just to be aware that not all Boyne Valley Honey is sourced in Ireland - some of it is EU sourced and just bottled here.

Folks,

Thank you very much, a few options there. Interestingly enough, they seem to all be on the extended northside.... may be due to Clubman's theory of decentralisation, all the butterflys are probably decentralised to the extended soutside of Wicklow and Wexford.

Thanks again !

Oddly enough there seemed to be a dearth of bees around Dublin last year but in recent weeks the place is buzzing with them as far as I can see.

The bees here in the South are on strike at the moment.
They refuse to go back to work until their demands are met.

They want less flowers and more honey!

Irish honey

You have to be careful when buying Irish honey a lot of them are just packed in Ireland even G Irish ones. The best ones are raw honey ie. straight from the hive. All commercial honey has to be heated up to pass trough the filters at a fast rate. It loses most of the taste and goodness. You can buy Irish honey in most health food shops. Try buy honey in your own area for full health benefit.

Back