Where should I get loan from?

junii

Im with Bank of Ireland at the moment. I want to get a loan to pay for my insurance which will be up on 2k.

Where is the best place to get a loan for this?

BoI currently have a 'sale' on fixed rate loans. As do Ulster Bank. Otherwise check the Best Buys forum.

It doesn't make good financial sense to finance insurance over longer than one year.

Does your insurance provider offer the option of paying monthly instalments by direct debit? This option usually attracts a finance charge similar to personal loan rates.

I checked out the insurance finance package. Its very expensive and over 10 months I would have to pay IIRC e150-e200 interest.

If I went with a BoI loan, it would probably only cost me 70 or 80 over a year.

Are you sure the BoI rates apply to the sum you want to borrow?

Compare to what is on offer here. I'm not sure if all the rates are entirely up to date.

Well, Im going on the fact that I borrowed 1200 last year and interest was 66 so im guessing really at what 2k (1700 to be precise) will cost me from BoI. but for insurance finance 150-200 over 10months is ghastly. That 150-200 btw is not with BoI, its with Brittons car insurance.

Im not sure who handles finance for them.

Glazer FC said:
If possible, start putting a few quid away each month to plan for next year's bill too...

Thanks for the advice Glazer FC. I will be, this is the first year I have started looking after my finances. Kudos to everyone on this site that has helped me out so far and who will help me out in the future.

Back