Where have all the real concert rioters gone!?

G

God be with the days when the crowd spat and threw bottles/cans at the performers!

[broken link removed]

In Norway on Friday, Bowie was struck in the eye by a lollipop thrown from a concert crowd.

:lol

Concerts

Certainly doesn't sound like your type of concert - lollipops!

They haven't gone away you know....

A duo known as Daphne and Celeste, a horrible pair, made an appearance at Glastonbury and were pelted with bottles of urine. Deservedly so!

I would like to see the same or similar thing happen to Pink and a few other non-descripts at Oxegen. Unfortunately many of us today seem to be happy to accept this sort of sh*te at festivals, which in the past would have been a good place for alternative sounds and not a record industry fed bash. I have never seen such a mish mash of music styles and pop music and so many new bands as there is at Oxegen. I admit I am looking forward to seeing the new bands, but would also prefer some more established bands on the line up. The line up seems a tad underwhelming for most of the day. The headliners are great but the festival is the entire weekend. Jaysus- The Sawdoctors, Hothouse Flowers, Black Eyed Peas, Pink!!!!!!! Oh, I am also a bit of a music snob!!

Glastonbury this year seemed to be utter tosh and hasn't a clue where is is going music wise. Disappearing up it's own behind if you ask me!

m

At the Metallica gig, Lost Prophets were the opening act. They got at least 50 bottles thrown at them along with other items and were jeered for the duration of their set. Unfortunately, no one in the band got hit. Damn.

Re: m

Just back from a 3 day festival in Belgium. Was amazing - wouldn't even dream of going to oxegen cos it would be sh*te in comparison. Maybe Ireland needs decent promoters who can manage to get watchable bands.

music festivals

I know, I was just thinking that this morning, what the hell is Pink doing at witness slash oxegyn?? I'm going but will be ten miles from her stage. She'll get stuff chucked at her for sure. At the chillis in phoenix park the Thrills (who are This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language) got booed, but they dug their own hole because they kept asking 'Do you want to hear our next/new song?' and everyone just yelled NO! Oxegyn should be OK though, esp. Muse.

Re: music festivals

Sent to me by a friend...presumably from Bowie's website or something...

Another reason not to go...

Due to the continuing pain and extreme discomfort from a trapped/pinched
nerve in his shoulder and to prevent possible further injury, David Bowie
has been advised by his doctors to cancel his performances at the eleven
remaining European dates throughout July.

Due to the unpredictable nature of the condition and in an effort to give
fans as much warning as possible, (and indeed, to aid promoters in finding a
replacement headliner in time for the festival dates) David very reluctantly
agreed to take the advice.

David, and everybody involved with the tour, is very sorry for the hardship
that this difficult decision may have caused. We realise that many of you
will have lost money on non-refundable travel and festival tickets.

But, anybody that knows David will understand that he doesn't take these
decisions lightly and I'm sure you all realise how bad he will be feeling
about not being able to complete the tour.

As I have said previously, thank you all for your kind words on the message
boards and for your continued understanding that had there been an
alternative to this course of action, it would have been taken.

What a wuss! The Thin White Duke would have just taken another hit of smack and gotten on with it. :lol

Back