Where can you buy Vanguard ETFs through?

Thanks!
Have there been any "Best Buy" Brokers identified on these boards? I'm finding it difficult to find a post on that topic but I'm probably missing something basic...

OP, this very much a case of 'DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH'. There are plenty of stockbrokers out there who will undertake a trade. The online brokers will be cheaper than the mainstream brokers, but they won't offer any opinions or research notes.

Have a kook at Yahoo.com/finance and you should be able to work out a list of names to choose for on-line services.

I contacted a UK bank who said they only allow UK citizens to do share trading. Is this normal? Do I have to go though Irish Brokers only?

I contacted a UK bank who said they only allow UK citizens

Why do you want to use a Bank ??

Banks must stick to what they're supposed to -- Lend money. I don't know the amount you're thinking of investing, but I can't see any reason why you want to pay a commission to a Bank to buy and sell on your behalf.

In most cases the person dealing with you won't have a clue of the product you intend to deal in.

I contacted a UK bank who said they only allow UK citizens to do share trading. Is this normal? Do I have to go though Irish Brokers only?

Try using Google it will throw up plenty of options for you to explore.... TD Trading allows you to trade on the UK, Irish and 14 other exchanges! Check the charges etc and find the one that suits you best.

Is there a way to buy these to hold in a PRSA?

Yes. Several PRSA providers offer self-directed functionality - allowing you to buy your own shares or ETFs within your PRSA. Be aware, though, that typically you will pay the PRSA provider 1% for the structure and then you'll pay the annual charge of your chosen ETFs.

Back