Where can I find part time courses in management?

colly

I've been working in IT sales for about 4 years and my career is going very well so far. My aim is to get into sales management - but the old story is that unless you have experience it's very difficult to get your foot in the door. I am doing a number of things with my manager internally, but I would like to consider doing some type of course externally in a management related subject. Hopefully the company may pay for it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to look for appropriate courses etc?

Thanks

The OU has a great course - Professional Certificate in Mgt. It's 12 months, comes with all materials and tutorials every 4/5 weeks. More importantly, it offers progression should you want it towards a PG Dip in Mgt and then onto Part 2 of the MBA or MBA Technology.

If your employers are going to pay - well and good, but this course is recognised by FAS for One Step Up funding for 70% of the fees if they baulk at the fees.

I'd compare and contrast all the options and really check what you are getting for your money.

http://www3.open.ac.uk/courses/bin/p12.dll?C01iB615

Both are fas funded to 70%

[broken link removed]

I'm on the dit one, its cheaper than the ucd one and is more practical in nature, thats why I decide on it.

FAS also does an introductory course in front line management and another year-long certificate in Supervisory Management. They are on offer all over Dublin City, and are funded, normally run in the evening and ILM accredited. HTH