Where can I dispose of these items?

J

John B

Hi,
I reciently bought a house in Crumlin and it has a lot of old items such as fridge, washing machine, wardrobe etc. I have been told that the walkinstown ameniety center will not accept a commercial vehicle bringing goods...but I can't fit it in anything else.
Any suggestions?
I don't thing there is enough there to warrant a skip.

Thanks

Have you tried ringing Vincent De Paul?

I have no idea whether they'd be interested in a washing machine or fridge...but they may be if they work okay.

You could put them in the 'free' section of the Buy & Sell.

White Goods

St. Vincent de Paul have a warehouse(not sure where it is) with furniture etc. in it.

I think they accept white goods - they sell them on and use the proceeds
D

disposal

If they are still working then the above suggestions should help. Cheeverstown also take some furniture, you could try them too. The VDP warehouse used to be on Gardiner St. but it moved a couple of years ago.

If they aren't really in working order and you just want to throw them out I'd suggest ringing your local council and asking them what facilities they provide for this. Oasis ( also recommends contacting the local authority to see what is possible in your area.

Re: disposal

I think the point of the argument is that they won't accept commercial vehicles dropping stuff at these outlets yet he can't fit these machines in a car. Bit of a catch 22 unless you get a large people carrier to drop them down using a few journeys. Have you tried calling down and asking the guy at the gate how other people deal with this problem ?

Re: disposal

Oxfam Home on Francis Street would probably take the wardrobe. They do a home collection service for donations but I think there is a bit of a waiting list for collections.

Re:disposal

There is a bring centre for batteries and i think white goods run by the corporation on windmill rd. Crumlin.

Back