When you log out and log back in are you being asked for a captcha?

Brendan Burgess

Founder
A user has reported that he can't log back in because he can't figure out the captcha.

Anyone else have this difficulty?

For clarification: This is not about the captcha when registering!

Brendan

Last edited:
I tried with both a regular and private tab but didn't get a captcha challenge after logging out and in again.

Just for the record when I log out I don't have to use the captcha to log back in,
Just wondering if the reason they have to use the captcha is that they are using a different computer than normal to log in, I suspect the captcha is to pick up logins from unknown sources,

could be shared works computer or a public computer set up not to remember the last password used or different people registered on the same site using the same computer,

If tnegun has access to another computer they could try logging in to see well the captcha be needed along with the password,

Last edited:
Is captcha actually implemented on the site? I've seen instances where malware has infected the users browser and injects it when accessing any site. The user is then solving the captcha for a 3rd party unrelated site to allow the malware to get past it but believes they are doing so to access the site they are attempting to visit.

The email I got was completely misleading.
He had forgotten his password, and apparently, after a few attempts, it requires a captcha.

Brendan

Back