AIB When will those who have moved bank get their redress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree completely.

Purely hypothetical, but perhaps they are "looking after their own" first and letting those that left them wait longer...

From speaking with them yesterday it seemed a decision was yet to be made on how to apply redress.

From speaking with them yesterday it seemed a decision was yet to be made on how to apply redress.

the answers do seem to vary, depending upon who you speak to, but how else could they apply redress other than a cheque?
Direct payment to the bank currently with the mortgage doesn't sound more straightforward ?

the answers do seem to vary, depending upon who you speak to, but how else could they apply redress other than a cheque?
Direct payment to the bank currently with the mortgage doesn't sound more straightforward ?
@Shay75 suppose that was a direct reply to my query re joint accounts which are no longer joint and how redress would be handled in those circumstances. I outlined how joint account had been closed in order to remortgage in sole name on same property but staying with AIB.

Same situation here. Switched to BoI last September. I haven't rang the helpline as I've had my fill of ringing Bankcentre, D4 over the years!

No word yet, but as soon as we get anything through the letterbox I shall post an update here. I figure we'll be last in line, but that kind of thinking comes from AIB being a huge thorn in my household's side since 2010.

Rang today to see if there was any update.
He asked if I received the 1600e payment. I confirmed I had.
He asked if I had my write down applied and I explained I was no longer with AIB.
He appeared to be confused my current address with someone else's and then only after being placed on hold for quite some time he confirmed he could talk to me.
He confirmed active accounts were to be dealt with first.
He confirmed I was on the list (which was the first time someone told me - which was a relief!) he had in front of him, that the cheque would be posted out, in no particular order and that he expected I would have the payment sooner than the end of august, but definitely by then.

Last edited:
Hi all

Still no sign of cheque and when I rang earlier this week, there was nothing better than 'redress will issue by end of August but cannot confirm exactly when'.

Anyways, not sure if this will be useful to some so I will post just incase. As my original joint mortgage account is now closed, redress will be by cheque not capital reduction. However I am still mortgaged with AIB in my sole name so would like to avail of capital reduction. I fixed for 5 years in March so asked for breakage fees to make lodgement against mortgage. Letter dated 30th July arrived today and confirms a ZERO break cost to make an out of course lodgement to my account. Valid for 5 working days so I will be ringing them tomorrow to discuss as letter only arrived today.

@RedOnion thanks a million. Was just worried that closer it gets to 4 years left on fixed period would mean they could use 2.85% rate to calculate breakage cost. Approx 4 yrs 8 mths left, fixed at 2.55%.

@AnitaF
It's the fact that the 4 year rate is higher that's helping you. If it was lower than your current rate there could be a break fee.

Just a reminder that there's a thread here for those that moved.

I'd be keen to know when anyone in this *cohort* receives theirs.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back