When does ESB come on?

Abbica

Hi, we finished our electrics last week and got it certed etc so the ESB said they would come out tMonday last to turn it on.

Dilemma is, we paid for our ESB back in May 2008 and in general they say they have to turn it on within the 12 weeks of payment but obviously we paid a while ago so that doesn't count, so hence no timescales. We are waiting on our ESB to turn on so we can finally complete our house, turn on our heating etc and get in. Will I ring up the ESB on Monday and ask them when they are coming or will they just tell me to be patient. My patience is gone at this stage, as I just want to know. I can't stand waiting everyday for my OH to say they showed up and we can move on with our work on the house!!

Ring them Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and maybe Saturday.
Just keep ringing until you get a definate answer. Each time you ring, ask the person for their name and write it down so that the next time you ring and get someone else ask for the person you originally spoke to. You may annoy them and that would be a good thing as its sometimes the only way to get something done.

I had left it late to pay mine the electricain sent in the cert and they have been out and connected within 5 days, and i must still send them a cheque. I know here in the waterford area they are so quite they are out in a matter of days.

The esb are just exercising their right to not carry out the work they are been over paid to do...carefull or they will get their union involved:)

I think maybe you could have complained sooner, ;), but I would advise:

(1) Send an e-mail immediately to [email protected] stating the issue, also say that you believe they have breached their "customer charter", and that they should consider your e-mail as the first step of their compliants procedure

They basically then have 10 days to resolve the issue or as they say come back with a "substansive response"

(2) Make it clear you expect the problem resolved in 10 days , otherwise you will request they escalate your complaint to a manager in ESB energy supply.

(3) If its not resolved in 10 days, make the escalation request also by e-mail to the above address, stating that if you have not heard from them in 5 days you will "refer the matter to the Commission for Energy
Regulation (CER) for independent adjudication"

Obviously the next step is to contact the CER (www.cer.ie), but I think its highly unlilkely they will let it go that far.

I got as far as (3) with them recently on having a transformer moved out of the way of a garage I was building, only sorry I waited as long as I did, as soon as I sent e-mail (3) they were banging on my door within 24 hours, apologising and commiting to getting the job done, which they did.

PS: Good idea to copy yourself on all e-mails.

The esb are just exercising their right to not carry out the work they are been over paid to do...carefull or they will get their union involved:)

The lads are too busy counting their recent pay increase to worry about small people like us. Best paid workers in the country just got a 3% increase, What a laugh - the rest of us will have to pay for it in our bills.

The lads are too busy counting their recent pay increase to worry about small people like us. Best paid workers in the country just got a 3% increase, What a laugh - the rest of us will have to pay for it in our bills.
carefull now or they will shout down the national grid ....:)

Thank you for the advice, I know, I hate the way they don't seem to give a damn and they over charged us also, so they owe us in the region of one grand.
I just emailed them there on that email you gave RSMike, so I will see if they revert back this afternoon, if not, I will call them and follow the protocol on phoning them. They better be prompt as I had to tell our heating engineer not to come to house and that I would have to let him know when he can come out and fully certify it!!

In 2005, the ESB held my build by 5 months.
They and to do 'construction', ie. put in 2 poles, and took them 5 months. I rang every day twice to get connected.

Nightmare.

Back