When advertising a house for rent should you put the number of the house on the adver

dodo

If you are advertising a house for rent should you put the number of the house on the advert, or just the road?

I wanted to show the house on a certain date that I would be doing some work on the house so was thinking of stating this on the ad with the full address.

Re: When advertising a house for rent should you put the number of the house on the a

Perhaps better not to. You rarely see it done. Just tell people when they call you. If the person sounds like a scumbag you can fob them off with "it's gone boss" etc.

Re: When advertising a house for rent should you put the number of the house on the a

I never put the house/apartment number on an advertisment. If a tenant is already there they might not appreciate "everyone" knowing they rent, if the house or apartment is empty (available now), you're letting people know it's empty and that might attract unwanted attention (burgulary, squatters etc).

A tad over cautious perhaps but I manage apartments for other people so have to do whatever I can to protect their investment.

You can still do an open house, just have a contact number or email in the ad.

I'd say not to as well. My house mate stuck our house number on a daft ad recently when we were looking for another new housemate and we got lots of unsolicited callers to the door who hadn't even replied to our ad meaning we couldn't vet them.

Back