wheelchair car

J

john43ie

4 years ago i bought a wheelchair accessable car for my mother.It is no longer required.the car is in the north and is northern registered.I am resident in dublin. my query is can I sell it here and does v.a.t. or whatever its called have to be paid. any help appreciated.

VRT may well be an issue if it's imported here.

Why not sell it up North?

the reason i want to sell it here is that i live in dublin and it would be more convenient.
the car has been modified with wheelchair ramps and motorised pulleys etc,
are you sure v.r.t.applies

Hi John - You'll find details of the Revenue scheme regarding cars for people with disability [broken link removed]. You might need to ring the Revenue office (listed at end of the Revenue leaflets) to get more details on your particular case. The Irish Wheelchair Association might also be able to help.

You could consider the option of selling the car as is, and letting the buyer look after the registration/VRT. This may be more effective, as I suspect the Revenue reliefs only apply to persons with disability, so you wouldn't be able to benefit from these yourself. I did this in the past with a car purchased from a NI seller (though the car was not adapted on any way).

Back