What's going on with NTL digital

Cheers Tall chapy,all of a sudden my channels are working again ,as if nothing was out of place.....appreciate it.

Is there any anyone knows to drop NTL, and get a satellite dish and some sort of wireless receiver for the tv? €250 to NTL last year, it goes up each year. There must be some way one can do it. Look at skype.
Can you receive the chanells which I presume are in the ether broadcast by satellite via your computer even> Any techies out there with answers?
I need NTL out of my life.

Cheapest option is a 'Free-to-Air' satellite dish. Points that in the same direction as Sky dishes and you'll get BBC and ITV free and legit. You'll also get various religious and shopping channels. You won't get Channel 4 or 5. You won't get the various UKthis/that/other channels or History, Nat Geo & the like, but they're so riddled with advertising, I've given up trying to watch them. For sport, you'll have to be more adventurous and get a motor and point it, say, at AtlanticBird 5w, Astra 19.2e or HotBird 13e. Then, you'll be getting about 5,000 channels, there should be something there for you, although not in English. For movies or really popular sports, you'll almost certainly have to sign up to Sky. Any other way is too much trouble in the long-run. For cycling, the big events are free on the various countries national channels and also on EuroSport on Astra 19.2e.

I have had Sky almost 6 years now and I am very happy with it, especially since I upgraded to Sky+ 2 years ago.

I agree that they are a bit more expensive than NTL etc but I have never had any real problem with them. Any time I had any technical problems (very few times), I rang their 24/7 technical helpline and they always sorted the problem out over the phone quite quickly.

Bottom line, go for Sky and ensure to get Sky+ or even SkyHD if you can afford it

can anyone tell me if sky have plans to enter the BB market in dublin ?

have recently moved over from NTL TV to Sky and considering changing our BB from clearwire to another provider due to constant problems with skype which they have never been able to resolve for me

just got off the phone with NTL and Im just shaking with rage! for the third time they have messed up our appointment to have our digital service fixed (this time appointment due for today - "just wasnt logged". aaaargh!!!! do NTL purposely seek out the most brain dead useless moronic people possible??! Why would anyone ever want to work there - they are SO unbelievably crap. what are chorus like i would nearly switch so that i never have to ring those IDIOTs again.

Chorus and NTL are now the same company - they are owned by UPC, a multinational media company who I believe are in the process of merging the two organisations - for example see the two websites ntl.ie and chorus.ie, lineup of channels is converging, etc - and I suspect the lot will be rebranded as upc.ie

Must agree that their customer service is appalling.

Back