What to do now. Money Makeover

KOW

Me. 57
Spouse. 58

Income. 1. Invalidity pension+income continuance 25k per year net. Income continuance policy ends at 60. Then invalidity 11kp.a
My pension DC. 270k currently and 4k p.a added until 60.

Income 2. Current salary 38k. Civil service pension afyer 40yrs service 19k pa. in 2yrs age 60.

Home payed for 500k value
Site payed for dont want to sell worth 80k.
RIP worth 240k tracker .75. 100k owed rented on long term lease to CC for another 6yrs. After that will only owe 20k approx. Costs us about 5k a year but 12k coming off loan each year.

25k in domestic shares Ryanair. Smurfit. CRH

600k. Cash. State savings and banks.

Rationale or current thinking. Living fine on current income not interested in saving any more. Reluctant to contribute more to my DC pension because relief would be at lower rate and would only be hit when taking it back out of pension in the future. Plus within the pension wrapper I am somewhat tied. Worried about inflation going forward.
I appreciate all that is said about timing the market etc but currently my line of thought is to hold off on on investing in the market until the next substantial fall say 15% and then put in a large amount of cash.
Would appreciate comment from the community.

Given the excellent position you are in overall, I'd be more inclined to wonder what it is you want to do that is non-investment related?. Do you need to put money into your property to future proof it (insulation etc) for example.? I'd be seriously thinking about taking 100k and figuring out what I can do with it to make your lives easier and better and also to have a little fun with it.

Peanuts20 thanks for your reply. Actually just finished a new build A rated home last September. Taken two foreign breaks this year and another one organised for October. Really have spent the last number of years trying to line up the ducks as they say.

After a long look at such things ETF,s. ARF,s. 4% drawdown etc etc. I am interested in comment/oponion on how to at the least protect my money going forward after both us now almost completing a 40yr slog working. We have both lost family members over the past 5 yrs and while we do live a happy simple life time waits for no person.

Where I am now is maybe to drip feed the money into low cost global equity fund over say a two period keeping back 2yrs spare cash in order to ride out the roller coster of equities,

Back