What to do about intrusive CCTV

A simple solution is get one way film for glass, you see out as normal, no one can see in.
Google one way film glass privacy i think it's just a plastic coating that goes onto the glass in your windows, making em non transparent.

I wonder is there any law around
Putting up camera s which could film someone's back garden completely 24, 7
Security cameras should be pointed at your neighbours back door or window s as that is the way a potential burglar could enter the house
Of course someone could put a camera at a window inside and you
Would never even know its there

Why isn't the camera placed at the back of the house pointing towards the back of the garden?

It seems an uncommon way to set up CCTV? Could a would be burglar not just cut the wire before entering the property?

Hi Salvatore in your original post you said "It doesn't bother me personally" - but apparently it does or you wouldn't be posting here. My instinct as Devil's Advocate suggests there are two sides to every story. We don't know your neighbour's concerns. I'm not saying you're wrong or right.

You have the choice of two workable options:-
(a) Talk to your neighbour and offload your concerns.
or
(b) Ignore the situation.

I recommend you talk to your neighbour even in front of the camera. All he can do is raise his voice. If he gets abusive, you can contact the gardaí and you'll have a legitimate reason to do so. Use your mobile phone to record the conversation; amazing what mobile phones can do these days.

Say your house is on the left the camera should be placed on the left wall facing away from your garden
Cameras need to be placed on a high wall to get coverage, if camera was placed on a low wall at the back garden it could be broken or stolen or vandalised
Camera is supposed to protecting his property not be used to film your garden
Use one way film on your window to
Maintain more privacy and stop people seeing inside the windows or use net curtains

All he can do is raise his voice. If he gets abusive, you can contact the gardaí

No you can't, it's a civil matter.

I can't think of anything less likely to inflame a delicate situation than turning up at his door pointing a camera at him.

This is a legal matter. Talk to a good solicitor.

The Gardaí have enough to do with dealing with real crime, drug dealers etc
Maybe contact flac free legal advice centre, they have a phone no low call flac.
Is it legal to point a Camera so it records your back garden and windows, the camera migt set to only record if it detects moving objects ,
My garden is overlooked by a large apt building,
If I'm outside I can be seen at least from the top 2 floors
Eg unless you live in one off housing
you can't expect to have total privacy

You could put up a high wooden fence
Or even a hedge could be planted to block the view

Talk to them. Ask them if your house is covered by the camera.
although it may appear to be pointing at you, the field of view may be that it’s not covered.
also, when I’ve installed them before, you can screen out portions of the view like in your situation Through the DVR set up Box.

You mention "our houses"
have you consulted your other neighbours?

Eg unless you live in one off housing
you can't expect to have total privacy
being overlooked just visually is very different from being recorded

Google one way privacy film, it coats glass with a reflective film,
You can see out as normal, no one can see in,
Your window looks like a mirror from the outside

Just be careful if taking this route that much of the reflective film reverses effect during the night when its brighter inside.

This is a civil matter don't waste garda time on this ,
My garden is overlooked by at least 30 apartments , you could put up a high wooden fence
I don't expect any privacy in my garden, but I wonder why the camera has to point in your direction

Back