what to do about deposit

rheinie

I recently sent deposit of 120euro ( actually in feb) to a Barclays bank i Malaga as a deposit (as requested) on an apartment rental in Spain.Despite several emails to the (owners or agents) of the apartment asking if they have recieved the deposit and if the accomodation is available for the dates requested the only reply I can get back is No we have not recieved your deposit.As I am travelling in a few weeks time I am a bit worried about what happens when I arrive in Spain and find I have no place to stay.I know the apartments exist as I have stayed there before but booked through a different method not online.I have posted a copy of Bank receipt to the addresss but still no reply.Any ideas on what I might do next welcome .Thanks ( deposit is non refundable as quoted on website)

Payed by bank draft at BOI International payment service ,have checked with boi and they say everything was ok and funds are transfred to Barclays branch in Malaga

" if the accomodation is available for the dates requested "

Sounds very dodgy to me but why would you send a non refundable deposit when you weren't even sure if the place was available for your chosen dates? What website were you using to make the booking?

The website is www.almijara.com and I have stayed in the actual apartments a few years ago and passed by them last year and as a result decieded it would be nice to stay there again.

Back