What should I do with €200,000?

That's a bit cryptic since No1 is the question not answer.

I assume you mean leave on deposit.

If you think about it, this is really the first time in history that the so many international companies had so much global reach - almost 70%-90% of the world's population) and I simply think that we've reached a peak. There's just nowhere to grow as much unless there's a new innovation on the horizon that changes the way we live and that is able to generate as much revenue as these tech companies.
As another poster pointed out this is not true the economic revolution caused by the steam age, the oil age and the electrification of the world have had a much bigger effect. The tech boom is really confined to technology and associated stocks, yes these have garnered virtually all the stock market valuations in the last few years. The tech boom has had virtually no effect on energy generation, agriculture or transportation.

It would seem the answer is to diversify. Have some in property, shares and some on deposit.

I think Covid has people hesitating waiting to see what happens after.

In terms of tech shares we are seeing a WFH Revolution. Ok it's limited to only some people. But this has an effect on tech and tech shares. As some companies like Microsoft have seen a massive move to their online offerings. Be that for work or entertainment. We've also seen some substantial leaps in hardware performance. Hardware had been stagnating with only tiny performance increases annually for a while. Interestingly Intel seem to be behind the curve on this. Will they catch up?

Funny this popping back up and the OP thinking the market was overpriced and in for a correction. Besides a serious correction this time last year because of Covid, the markets have been going strong. A hunch is never a good reason to invest or not invest. While I wouldn't have recommended that he invest his

When markets crash is anyone's guess. The chances of correction and potential crash are higher when there is dissociation of stock price from its potential to generate revenue and which was the case for last few months. Markets tend to overshoot highs and lows. We were in overshoot category for last 2 quarters and now its time for correction.

We were in overshoot category for last 2 quarters and now its time for correction.

@bish123 Do you only know this with hindsight or did you know it at the time and if you knew it at the time - how did you know it and did you act on it?

We were in overshoot category for last 2 quarters and now its time for correction.

@bish123 Do you only know this with hindsight or did you know it at the time and if you knew it at the time - how did you know it and did you act on it?
Hindsight mostly as its impossible to guess the timings but markets were very strong fueled by speculations on Tesla, bitcoin, EV etc. I don't invest much in stock market (apart of pension) so took no actions. An observer mainly but thinking of investing in stock market if it becomes a serious crash.

Last edited:
1617598400161.png

Back