What is the cheapest electricty?

O

orbs

With the new reductions from ESB can anyone calculate who the cheapest electricity only supplier is?

I got this from Boards I presume its pretty accurate

Adverts | Friends

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71526792#post71526792

based on standard standing charges the following apply.

and no fixed term contracts

ESB

elec only 13.724

gas only 4.195

elec and gas 13.286 & 4.195

Bord Gais

elec only 13.92

gas only 4.463

elec and gas 13.76 & 4.463

Airtricity

elec only 13.93

gas only 4.24

elec and gas 14.40 & 4.02

Flogas

gas 3.792

SO I think Esb for Electricity and Flogas for gas is the cheapest individual suppliers.

Last edited by rameire; Today at 20:14. Reason: correcting rates

Thanks from:

Srameen

This site would appear to also confirm that ESB has the cheapest electricity (for now)... http://www.*****************.com/electricity-prices

Hardly worth switching now with these new rates.

I made the Big Switch from ESB to Bord Gais way back, and my usual bill would be around the €90 - €100 mark. So assuming I use approx 700 units of electricity.

So if I was to switch back to ESB again, I would save 700 x 0.002c = €1.40.

For the hassle, think I'll stay put.

if that's the extent of the difference then I'd feel obliged to steer clear of the ESB who have robbed us over the years............old wolf in new clothing me thinks!

Roy

I switched to Airtricity about 15 months ago and was getting a great price from them by paying DD and not having a paper bill....until recently. I came off the budget plan and have been trying for the past 6 weeks to get an answer as to why my rate has sky-rocketed and as I'm currently in credit with them have been blanked by both customer service and the complaints depts. Also they are charging 3c per day more standing charge than ESB - they have no answer for this at present either.

Whilst I would usually tend to agree with the comments of onekeano...I'm now left feeling 'better the devil you know!'

am customer of b gais on gas and electricty,
if i move both over to ESB but dont go dd,
does anyone know what discount will be?
thanks F.

Cost comparison website for energy?

Just wondering if there is a website similar to callcosts.ie where you can compare cost f gas & electricity for certain useage levels?

Any advice would be apprecaited.

Roy

Comparison website www.bonkers.ie
Anyone see the thing on the Sunday Tmes about our friends in Airtricity and their " em peculiar billing/estimating/budget plan. Now been referred to CER not good for those involved

Comparison website www.bonkers.ie
Anyone see the thing on the Sunday Tmes about our friends in Airtricity and their " em peculiar billing/estimating/budget plan. Now been referred to CER not good for those involved

I got a bill from Airtricity online yesterday. Just rang em because the bill was for almost 6 months; 25/11/10 - 10/4/2011 ! I was going to ring em anyway coz they seemed to have missed all my meter readings and readings by the official networks guy that calls around. Some glitch in the system apparently. Just as well I kept an eye on it, and used the very handy smart card to pay em regular amounts. Apparently it was a glitch with online system.

As a bye the bye my rate is Smartsaver 24 hours .1227. This is considerably less than the rates shown above? Anyone know why? I only have electricty with them, plus DD online billing etc.

Like you horusd, I'm with Airtricity for electric only. If you're on the budget plan with them you only get 'billed' once every 6 months. I received my bill in March going back to 10.09.2010 and was very confused. I was billed for two different rates of electricity and two different rates of standing charge. I contacted them and TBH wasn't really getting anywhere until I reached one VERY nice customer service guy.

He sorted the whole thing out for me, got 14 months worth of bills reversed and I was charged 25.2c standing charge (same as ESB) for the entire time and invoiced 12.27c per unit (even tho the introductory offer finished for me 31.12.10). He kept me in the loop the whole time as to what was going on and has ensured that I am paying 12.27 per unit until 30.04.2012 :)

I'm a very happy bunny....I was seriously considering going back to ESB but his efforts convinced me to stay with Airtricity.

Switched to Bord Gais for electricity March 2009.

Got 12% discount in year 1 and 10% in year 2.

Discount now gone.

If I switch back to ESB are they offering any discount ?

Thanks

ESB are now the cheapest (even cheaper than Bord Gais discounted prices) - especially if you go for DD and paperless billing. See here -
Electricity Prices

Thanks.

Just rang ESB.

Qualify for a 12% discount on the unit rate + an additional 2% online.

Super Saver Rate they called it.

So 14% saving on unit price.

The 'big switch' is on.

Thanks.

Just rang ESB.

Qualify for a 12% discount on the unit rate + an additional 2% online.

Super Saver Rate they called it.

So 14% saving on unit price.

The 'big switch' is on.

So ESB will give you a 14% discount on their unit price of 13.72c if you move back to them?

The Big Switch Back might be on !

Flogas
gas 3.792

SO I think Esb for Electricity and Flogas for gas is the cheapest individual suppliers.

I just had a look at the Flogas site. Their standing daily charge is way higher than Bord Gais on certain packages. So if you have a mild winter and use less gas you could be hit for a much higher charge with Flogas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back