What happens if I voluntarily surrendered my house?

Have you applied for Mortgage Interest supplement?

The state does expect you to pay €24 per week towards your accommodation and that will be the case whether you are renting and getting supplwmet, in local authority housing or getting mortgage Interest supplement.

Have you been to MABS? Have you done a standard financial statement for the bank under the MARP?

If you get MIS you may be able to stay in your home and hopefully as you are young at some stage in the future you will eb able to work and mark payments yourself again or the government have come up with a solution.

I'm on the waiting list a while now for MABS. Yes I did the financial statement- that's the budget I was talking about. I may just have to move back in with family as I don't have e96 euros spare a month, if I did I would have been paying into my mortgage. I don't want to stay in this house given my current state of health and support I need. That's why I'm wondering what my options are and right now the only one I can see is to ask the bank to sell it or could I?

Because they are not to blame simple as. Are you on another planet, of course the guy in the street is not to blame for this individually or collectively, this is the fall out from globilization and corportate greed the manager of AIB cant be paid a lotto win as an annual salary unless some one is paying wake up and smell the coffee

I'm glad you lot weren't on the Titanic.......

'It's the Captains fault for going to fast....'
'No, it's the designers fault because the ship's rudder is too small'
'No, it's the Board of Trades fault for not insisting on enough lifeboats.....'

Gurgle, gurgle, gurgle.........

Doesn't matter a jot whose fault it is or was. What matters is what the government, banks and individuals are going to do.'

I would have thought that the biggest stick New Beginnings et al have is the threat of large-scale, co-ordinated action. If thousands of mortgage holders start refusing to play ball then the banks are in big trouble and all the moral arguments go out the window.

I would have thought that the biggest stick New Beginnings et al have is the threat of large-scale, co-ordinated action. If thousands of mortgage holders start refusing to play ball then the banks are in big trouble and all the moral arguments go out the window.

Exactly. I know I'm sounding like a parrott but this is what I've been trying to say on here.

Because they are not to blame simple as. Are you on another planet, of course the guy in the street is not to blame for this individually or collectively, this is the fall out from globilization and corportate greed the manager of AIB cant be paid a lotto win as an annual salary unless some one is paying wake up and smell the coffee

If you close your eyes really tightly and wish really really hard you might be able to change reality into what you would like it ti be but I wouldn't bet on it.

Let me know how you get on.
Meanwhile here’s some facts;
Borrowers are adults.
They signed a contract to repay a loan. The banks side of the deal was that they leant the money to the borrower.
Some lenders can now not may the repayments on their loans.
The banks are entitled to act in accordance with the terms of the loan agreement that both parties signed.

By all means ignore the legalities and realities of the situation; otherwise the opinions you so freely express make no sense.

Back