What happens Cashback if I cancel? Bord Gais / Electric Ireland

jambo.ie

I see nothing in the terms and conditions about my utility providers clawing back cashback if i cancel my contracts.

I'm with Bord Gais for electricity and Electric Ireland for gas. I'm thinking of cancelling as the latter has increased their rates by a whopper 8%.

These are my plans:
https://www.bonkers.ie/compare-gas-...pc-discount-paperless-direct-debit-level-pay/
https://www.bonkers.ie/compare-gas-...mestic-gas-direct-debit-online-billing-5-5pc/

My Bord Gais contract has no fixed term and my Electric Ireland is 12 months with a €50 exit fee.

Unless you intend to switch to a fixed rate deal I'd suggest you sit tight for a few more weeks as energy providers tend to follow each other in raising/dropping prices, and it will be annoying to have switched to another who then raises their prices! So far SSE and Electric Ireland have given notice of prices increases and it is won't be long before others do too.

Insofar as Electric Ireland is concerned their website switching terms and conditions [] has no clawback provision, so it would appear it is yours to keep.

Update:

SSE, Electric Ireland, Flogas, Panda Power, Energia and Pinergy have all announced price increases of varying amounts. The SSE price increase takes effect on 14/07/2018, and the others on 01/08/2018.

BE Energy, Bord Gáis Energy, Just Energy and PrePayPower have not announced price increases as yet, but it is a matter of time.

@jambo.ie the latest round of price increases are included in the price comparisons generated by [broken link removed] [*], but I'd suggest you wait until Bord Gáis make their move before taking a decision to switch.

[*] Disclosure: confido.ie is my website

Insofar as Electric Ireland is concerned their website switching terms and conditions [] has no clawback provision, so it would appear it is yours to keep.

Electric Ireland charge 50 EUR if someone leaves inside the first 12 month period.