What happens at the end of Section 23 period

modestus

I assume all the particular properties would be sold by the investors at roughly the same time -would this not place a glut of properties on the market at the same time leading o a reduced sale price -I wonder what the experience of other property investors has been at the end of the section 23 period -I assume full CGT is payable at the end of the period and that any sale price would be far less than purchase price even allowing for appreciation over the next 6 or 7 years or altranatively a property price realignment to more realistic values in the furture which has to be on the cards in this overinflated environment -any comments

I can rememmber people making similar assumptions 10/12 years back about the Section 23 properties in the Temple Bar area.

However the forecast fall in prices at the end of the capital allowance period did not materalise.

Section 23 are like all other properties if bought in the right location there will be no huge sell off at the end of the section 23 period.

Thanks for that Arch -I wonder what happened where thre was a glut of property for sale ?

Back