What excites you most about Cryptos?

Let me get the ball rolling. "Blockchain is good for developing an endless list for why Blockchain is good". I plagiarised that from Satoshi: "Bitcoin has value because people think it will be have value".

Last edited:
I love the spy aspect, the trust no one aspect, the whole enigma thing, code breaking, NSA involvement and non involvement. The cloak and dagger mystery of the supposed creator. The hacking and robbing of other peoples bitcoins. The mathematical questions the whole thing throws up.

Crypto is mighty !

Sorry Shortie

I can't really help you if you don't understand risk and reward. I have discussed my strategy in other posts on numerous occasions but most extensively here:
When to close out my short position on Bitcoin?

Brendan

Thanks Brendan, but I didnt attribute that muddled thinking to you (im not sure why you might have thought that)?
I was just trying to give an example of what real muddled thinking could look like, as opposed to attributing comments to other posters that never were.

The cloak and dagger mystery of the supposed creator.

That is probably the most interesting thing - the interesting characters around it.

The Winklemen seem like a great double act.

The kids earning millions of dollars by creating a new coin.

Rocketman probably behind some of the hacking.

It makes Shortie and me look positively boring.

Brendan

Folks, the blockchain without a reward is a slow database with scalability issues

The blockchain without a currency/token is absolutely useless and it is not great technology, it is in fact a very slow and cumbersome linked list disguised into a database.

The great technology emerges when blockchain and game theory together create a self sustaining and may i say antifragile ecosystem

Read into game theory and how it applies to proof of work to be able to appreciate it

Folks, the blockchain without a reward is a slow database with scalability issues

In it's current form yes but it will improve over time. It's for the reasons you mentioned though why I first became interested in IOTA. In order to get your transaction confirmed you need to confirm 2 previous transactions. This effectively makes it infinitely scale-able and there are no transaction fees as you are doing the work by participating in the network. The Coordinator makes the decentralized part of this project questionable but that is to be removed in the not too distant future.

In it's current form yes but it will improve over time. It's for the reasons you mentioned though why I first became interested in IOTA.

From a technical point of view IOTA has more problems than bitcoin. I was chatting to a colleague recently that has been involved in IOTA for a while and he was not very happy about progress. Everything IMHO obviously

From a technical point of view IOTA has more problems than bitcoin. I was chatting to a colleague recently that has been involved in IOTA for a while and he was not very happy about progress. Everything IMHO obviously

IOTA has a monkey load of problems and is very early in it's development, I refer to it as 'early and ugly'. Was your colleague part of the foundation may I ask or was he working on a project that uses the Tangle/IOTA platform? What were his biggest concerns? One of the main concerns people seem to have with IOTA is the Coordinator, ternary arithmetic and rolling their own crypto. All very valid concerns but the founders have consistently answered these questions and give assurances on the reasons for doing so. Not that you can take that at face value but they have recruited some serious players onto their team at the foundation and I believe they will make some significant breakthroughs over the coming years.

They have been several collaborations with the likes of Volkswagen, BOSCH, Fujitsu, Cisco and others. A main area of focus is on IoT and the machine to machine economy so I think the BOSCH collaboration could be massive if they start to implement it in to their hardware but it's very early doors right now. Also they are a proper and legit organization as they went through a painstaking process to set up a foundation in Germany hence why it has attracted some big industry players.

Anyway I'll stop now in case I make it look like I'm a little biased towards IOTA! haha

The blockchain without a currency/token is absolutely useless and it is not great technology, it is in fact a very slow and cumbersome linked list disguised into a database.
Exactly. When I think of all the marvelous technologies in our daily lives; being able to date stamp some lyrics doesn't float my boat. But value is subjective; B/S seems to think this facility is the alchemists' dreams fulfilled.

Exactly. When I think of all the marvelous technologies in our daily lives; being able to date stamp some lyrics doesn't float my boat. But value is subjective; B/S seems to think this facility is the alchemists' dreams fulfilled.

Why would think that I think that?

Back