What does a factory reset on the Horizon box do?

Brendan Burgess

Founder
My Horizon box has stopped recording seasons which is very annoying.

In this thread, someone did a factory reset to fix the problem.

OK, it says I won't lose the recordings I have.

But do I have to reset all the favourite channels and stuff like that?

Any other less drastic solution?

Brendan

A factory reset is a reset to when it left the factory, ie empty. but when you do a factory reset you should be given the option to retain user settings. Look here

. I dont use virgin but I do hear that box is a load.. ie not very good.:eek:

Hi Noah

That is great thanks. So it looks as if it's just my planned recordings which are lost, which is not a big problem.

I probably have to reenable my favourite channels which is fine too.

The Horizon box took a bit of getting used to. But it's so much better than what I had before.

There are a few minor problems - It has two recordings which are empty and won't delete. (without a factory reset).
It occasionally stalls for a few seconds. And sometimes it reboots but that might well be a software upgrade.

but overall I am happy with it. It's easy enough to use.

Brendan

OK, so I just switched off the power to the box for a couple of hours.

When I switched it back on, the series recording was working fine, so there was no need for a reset.

Brendan

Brendan, is it mostly BBC series that fail to record? I've lost count of the number of times this has happened for me and if it were RTE or C4 it would be okay as you can access Catch-up but not the iplayer. Painful. Must try the factory reset so.

Hi Derek

I would mainly record BBC series.

I don't know if I have tried to record a series on RTE or any other channel for some time.

But it's working now after switching the box off fully.

Brendan

Back