What bank will consolidate my loans?

S

Stentor

Does anyone know of a bank that would agree to consolidate 2 ordinary loan balances (8,000 + 5,000) with a credit card balance (5,000). Amounting to 18,000. Having difficulty finding one.

Not enough information to give a sensible answer - What are you aiming to achieve by consolidating? What APR rates are you paying on your loans today? What time period did you have in mind? What are you earning? What is your rent/mortgage? Any assets (e.g. house) that you can borrow against?

Generally the problem with consolidation in Ireland is that almost all the companies who deal with this sort of loan are basically re-mortgage agents. We don't really have an established subprime lender market for loans not secured on property. If you already have significant borrowings most banks (and espcecially if you've missed one or two payments on them) won't want to know. Talk to your credit union, they are a good lender of last resort if you are happy to explain the situation to the credit committee.

i cosolodated some loans into my mortgage and used a financial advisor to do so, it worked out ok. He told me that the only banks who usually do it are Ulster Bank & IIB

Back