Wrong forum What are these partnership talks about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

z106

IS thsi basically teh government trying to come to some deal with the unuons representing the public sector as to what cuts will be made?

Or am i a million miles away with that guess?

IS thsi basically teh government trying to come to some deal with the unuons representing the public sector as to what cuts will be made?

Or am i a million miles away with that guess?

Social partners are also employers groups etc.

SO what is the point of the talks?

To come to an agreement as to what job cuts/pay cuts will be made?

IMHO may as well be about who rearranges the deck chairs.....

The parties don't directly represent all those who are unemployed and approximately 60% of those in private industry.

Please someone correct me on the 60%..

I work in private industry non-unionised and I know for sure that none of those people at the talks represent me

Everyone in the country needs a pay cut pronto, many people in private industry have had them ranging from relatively small cuts to 100%.... Unfortunately even if the politicos had the forsight and gumption the masses probably would not accept what they come up with - think medical cards for the over 70s, all those very well organised bodies in public sector etc.and the uninformed, 'don't care about anyone but me people'

nearly choked listening to morning ireland this morning, some network school principal guy saying OK things are bad so we realise government can't give that funding they promised but lets take it from some child supplement paid to parents.... this is what we have to deal with in this country ....

economically (and ulimatley long-term socially) we are hanging on by our fingertips yet people are arguing over who gets what piece of the pie...

if it sounds like a depression, feels like one and smells like one then it probably is....

anyway in a matter of days now Turlough, David, Brian and whoever else will up come out saying it was tough but they somehow reached consensus and they'll be patting themselve on the back

they may as well be empty their mineral water on a lava flow after the volcano has blown in order to stop it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back