what am i entitled to ?

G

gtturbo90

I have been working for the last 3 years full time, i changed jobs in sept but was left go after a 3 month contract... this was dec 31 i would like to know if i am entitled to unemployment benifit and also if im entitled to tax rebate ??

You should go to your local welfare office and simply enquire about signing on and they will be able to tell you if you are or not. Not sure if you would have the necessary PRSI contributions to qualify for Jobseekers Benefit so you may have to try for the means tested Jobseekers Allowance. See here.

For tax matters you should write to Revenue with any relevant details about your earnings for the year (e.g. P45 if applicable, I presume you don't have a P60 if not employed at the end of December, and so on) and ask them to prepare a P21 balacing statement to check if you are owed any tax. This is what you should do if you were PAYE. If you were a self employed contractor at any stage then the procedure may be different.

If you have 39 contributions paid and at least 39 in 2005, you should qualify if you claim now for jobseeker's benenit.

Back