What a semi-final

joer

Well done to Cork on winning an epic semi-final. It was edge-of-the-seat-stuff. If anyone, apart from Cork people, had any doubts about this Cork team , they were banished yesterday because they beat a great Kilkenny team. I thought after 60 mins their chance was gone but what a recovery .
Well done to two great teams on providing a classic.

Some 2nd half! Cork were playing like KK...pace, skill & the ability to score from all over the park. KK missed a lot of chances early in the game and had they gone over it might have been a different result. It's been waaay too long for us, but Limerick will be like climbing Everest..

nice to beat them twice, once in normal time and then just tease them and let them back in before beating them a 2nd time. Even better to see the KK fans heading for the exit before the final whistle. No All Ireland in 6 years for KK, no u20/21 in 13 years. Hurling is changing but KK not really adapting.

I'd still be surprised if Cork win the final but we live in hope

Cork played well but that is not a vintage KK team. You'd have to think it's time for Cody to hang up his spurs - not attributing the dip to him but when you've done so much it would be a shame to wait on for a heave.

I think if Limerick bring their game (& yesterday was a fairly consistent performance) then it'll be enough to beat Cork, looking forward to a good final.

I did not think that Kilkenny were that bad to be honest. In fairness if Cork had taken points instead of trying to score goals there would have been no extra time. Any team that can beat Kilkenny in any semi final or final are not a bad team.
I think it has the makings of a great final.

Delighted for them. Good for the game and all that.
I hope they go on and win it.

Hope Mayo don't mess up the final now.

Dublin lost their discipline Saturday. I cannot recall that occuring under Jim Gavin. Their overall dominance of the game was marginal. If I'm not mistaken, 5 of their 6 in a row wins were decided after a replay or by one single point?

A remarkable achievement but critical changes in personnel (Gavin, Cuxton) and they have been toppled.

Well done Mayo, deserved winners even if the 45 retake was bizarre. Hope they go on to win outright, I think they will.

Last edited:
it would be nice to see Mayo win but I think that Tyrone and Kerry will be thinking the same.

Back