What a match

joer

What an advertisement for Gaelic football today . This should have been a final not just a semi , no disrespect to either Galway or Derry but there was no comparison in the two games. I know Kerry won the game but you could not say who were the better team as Dublin were every bit as good. As they say , there was only a kick of a ball between them and so it proved. Two great teams. I hope the final is as good . Well done to both teams today , brilliant stuff.

Disappointed with the result, but for sure Gaelic football at its best, they seem to bring out the best in each other. If the Kerry lads play like that in the final, it could be a very one-sided affair'

Last edited:
Take a lot more than yesterday to save Gaelic Football. The older Dublin players were absolute warriors in the second half yesterday and you will not see a better goal scored. Kerry are a beautiful team to watch with their kick passing. However, the side to side attacks while the defensive team set up in their own 45 is just vile to watch. Kerry scored a point after holding onto the ball for 2-3 minutes with barely a tackle and they get applauded. A team from Ulster did that and we would be hearing about puke football. When Dublin played at pace yesterday, they were great to watch but I am getting sick of players running with the ball, hits traffic and then turning around and playing it 20 yards backwards to begin this slow painful buildup again which they did again and again.

Having said that, I spent the day watching the Kerry forwards and especially David Clifford who is an absolute genius. The runs he makes just even looking for the ball are something else. I didn't think they would find someone so good so soon after the Gooch but they have.

Great game played by two good teams but the fact that people are saying it was one of greatest semi finals of all time just showed how starved we have become of any sort of decent football.

Equally I couldn't believe the view of pundits and the media in general that the Armagh Galway game was a great encounter .
Exciting yes but a bang average game which only became a contest because of the dreadful goalkeeping of Galway's Connor Gleeson.
Speaking of Goalies it should be a while before GAA fans criticise soccer players for diving after Comerford's hilariously inept feigning of injury before the penalty could be taken .

I still think it was a great game. I don't particularly like football anymore as it is in my opinion boring to watch. This game was more like a game of chess. I might not even watch the final. But I will watch the hurling final. There will be no feigning injury in this one.

Equally I couldn't believe the view of pundits and the media in general that the Armagh Galway game was a great encounter .
Exciting yes but a bang average game which only became a contest because of the dreadful goalkeeping of Galway's Connor Gleeson.
Speaking of Goalies it should be a while before GAA fans criticise soccer players for diving after Comerford's hilariously inept feigning of injury before the penalty could be taken .

Yeah the dive was just ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as bringing in a black card sin bin where the clock on the sin bin doesn't stop even though the ref has stopped the clock on the pitch...... It is almost like the GAA want their rule book to be a laughing stock....

What a game of hurling today . Great scores, great skill, great hits and great men.

Back