WFH in Greece in December / January

LosLobos

My employer will let me do this, as long as I ensure I have Wifi. (I am double-vaxxed)

Looking for suggestions for beachfront, views, warmth/heat (is this possible?) and gym. Rural village is better than city as long as there is transport to local airport. Cost is a factor.

Not looking for much? Looking for everything! ;-)

Went to Corfu on holiday in 1993. Enjoyed it and from what I remember thoroughly recommended as ideal for WFH

Went to Corfu on holiday in 1993. Enjoyed it and from what I remember thoroughly recommended as ideal for WFH
Jaysus - the holidays I went on that far back were a long way away from what I might want or expect from a destination now - nethermind my focus was certainly not moving from the beach, booze or the other young attractive holiday makers.

Pretty sure there was no internet back in 93 was there.

I have visited Greece lots of times and have my doubts about your chances of getting broadband and a gym in a rural village, particularly one with a beach. I think you will find it empty during the winter.

Would you consider one of the beachfront suburbs of Athens? These are very nice and you can access the city easily for visits to museums at the weekend or the port for visits to the islands.

I am also very fond of Crete and Chania is a very nice large town with a lovely Venetian port at its centre and I imagine all the facilities you need. There are lots of small resorts on the cost near here but the mountains of Crete's centre are only 20 min drive from here and the south coast of Crete which is totally undeveloped and wild is only 45 min away. Ryanair also flies direct to Chania.

I also like the Penopelese Peninsula on mainland Greece..it includes a lot of great ancient ruins and great beaches and the Arcadia region at the centre includes stunning mountains and monasteries to visit. Staying in a town like kalamata or close to it would mean you are well located to visit all these areas. It has a regional airport and is circa three hours from Athens.

Back