Wet Room: Pros and cons please.

My parents got it done, full tilling in their upstairs bathroom (which has no toilet, its separate) and downstairs toilet. They are elderly so it has worked out much better for them.
The only issues they've had is with the company who did it, who didn't notice a major plumbing issue before tiling everything, and my parents ended up paying well over 2.5k to get yet another company to come in and fix that. All over tiling seems nice but if there are issues later on behind the wall you may have issues accessing works behind the tiling.

The company who did it also took months to set proper dates and schedules and the entire thing took 6 months, not counting the saga regarding a cracked sewer line downstairs, which strangely, only happened after the installation.

All over tiling seems nice but if there are issues later on behind the wall you may have issues accessing works behind the tiling.
Yeah, had a problem with this in my current place where I had to cut through tiles to access tap fittings. When getting tiling done, access panels should be added so you can replace or maintain fittings in the future.

Back