"were sorry..but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus

ajapale

I get the following message when I start IE or Firefox - my home page is google.ie in both cases. I have no problems with opera.

My virus checker, adaware and ms defender and zonealarm are all working norrmally.

Any ideas?

We're sorry...

... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.
We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been infected, you might want to run a <link to download.com virus checker removed> or <link to download.com spyware remover removed> to make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software.
If you're continually receiving this error, you may be able to resolve the problem by deleting your Google cookie and revisiting Google. For browser-specific instructions, please consult your browser's online support center.
We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.

Re: "were sorry..but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer v

A quick Google suggests that many people have been hit by this error even when not using (at least knowingly) any automated "bot" to search Google.

Is your browser opening multiple tabs that would be causing several simultaneous accesses to Google or something? Can you access Google by entering the address once your browser has started?

Back