Welcome back...

RichInSpirit

Glad to see AskAboutMoney restored to its former glory. :)
Great work Brendan and Co.

Perhaps a suggestion for us all going forward, if we've posted stuff that we deem very important, (and of unrepeatable intellectual genius) maybe we should keep an offline copy of our posts. :)

And just to wish Brendan and Co. a very happy and peaceful Christmas. It's a great resource you have here, especially in these financially challenging times.

Thanks RichInSpirit - the sun is certainly shining again.

The backup as of 21 December has been fully restored so we have lost only the few posts over the last few days.

Thanks to all the moderators who were very helpful resolving the issue and in limiting the damage through extracting Key Posts from Google cache.

I got inundated with suggestions and offers of help by PM and by email and I really appreciate them all. I spent Wednesday night and Thursday trying to resolve the problem, or at least, trying to limit the damage so I did not get a chance to respond to them. I had planned to do so yesterday, but I was drained by the whole affair and had some other urgent non-askaboutmoney things to attend to.

I will respond to the emails today. Sorry, I can't respond to the PMs as they are gone now. Feel free to resend if they are still valid.

Anyway, it's good to be back. And we don't have to spend Xmas day copying all the Key Posts which we had extracted from Google cache back to AAM. And at least now, we have offline back ups of the Key Posts.

Happy Xmas to you all.

Brendan

ooopps I wasn't aware of this issue and yesterday (stressed from everything) I posted asking why a few posts were deleted in one particular thread, one that took me ages to write, thought it was because someone deemed it not up to scratch etc. Sorry. Love the website....

Great work Brendan and mods. I presume you'll be asking for a reduced hosting price now for 2012 !

Back