Waterside - In Swords or Malahide ?

R

redstar

The "Sunday Tribune" (06/03/05) Property Section carried this advert;

"Waterside, Swords Rd, MALAHIDE
.... blah, blah, blah....
1.2 ml to Swords Village
2 ml to Malahide"

Its further from Malahide yet the developers still claim its in Malahide ? Where is the boundary ? I thought Fingal CoCo told them it was in Swords ?

Here we go

redstar you'll never get a job in marketing!

Swords, without a doubt.

Sure when Seabury was built, I remember us having the argument as to whether that estate would be in Malahide or not.

Traditionally, the village boundary did go up as far as the new set of traffic lights on the Swords Road/Malahide Road, where the small cottage is at the corner and you can turn down towards the estuary. The original argument at the time of that estate being constructed was that half of Seabury was in the townland of Malahide, and the other half was in the townland of Swords.

Ridiculous! But people have been doing this for years. Answer me this one - is Malahide Golf Club actually in Malahide? Technically it's not.

Sorry about the rant, as you can tell, i'm from the area, and it bugs the *&^*&^ out of me.

mo3art everyone from anywhere in the vague area says they live in Malahide. They say it adds €100K to your property value :)

Said I was from the area, not living in the area. Sure how could I afford the property price tag ;)

My family has lived in the village for 3 generations, but with the prices of property - I've had to move 25 miles away to get something affordable. So yes, it does bug me big time when developers try to squeeze an extra buck out of FTB!

Who'd ever have thought that courseAbbotts Hill would be built on the old Malahide golf !! Now thats a price tag tonights Lotto winner might stretch to.....Malahide GC is no longer in Malahide, correct. We lived there from '76, my Da bought the house for 18K, a whopping mortgage at the time, sold for 250K old money in '95.....mad

marketing

Lemurz;
"redstar you'll never get a job in marketing"

Just as well. My mother told me I was a bad liar >D

Back