Waterford Wedgewood shares

deranne

My mother died last Sept, going through some paperwork trying to sort through it. I came across a couple of dockets for WW shares (1300)from the 90's. My mother was very un organised and I can't tell what became of them. She was convince up until she died that she had 80 Smurfitt shares and that lead to nothing (she did have them but registrar has come back saying all her shares were sold).
She had Vodafone shares and when we rang Cxmputershare in October they said there were none but only recently we got a document from them about her shares. So they can make mistakes.
I also see a small bank balance for Irish Nationwide and a couple of hundred in First Active.
These are all defunct now. Is there any recourse?
While they are small amounts, funeral, memoriam cards and grave inscription costs (already have a brother buried 2 years previously) all add up.

My mother died last Sept, going through some paperwork trying to sort through it. I came across a couple of dockets for WW shares (1300)from the 90's. My mother was very un organised and I can't tell what became of them. She was convince up until she died that she had 80 Smurfitt shares and that lead to nothing (she did have them but registrar has come back saying all her shares were sold).
She had Vodafone shares and when we rang Cxmputershare in October they said there were none but only recently we got a document from them about her shares. So they can make mistakes.
I also see a small bank balance for Irish Nationwide and a couple of hundred in First Active.
These are all defunct now. Is there any recourse?
While they are small amounts, funeral, memoriam cards and grave inscription costs (already have a brother buried 2 years previously) all add up.
I think the bank deposits moved to PTSB ,but not sure this information is correct ,they would be dormant by now, but can be restored once ownership is verified,

First active transferred to Ulster Bank
INBS deposits transferred to PTSB, unless it was already dormant in which case it transferred to NTMA. Check with PTSB first.

Sorry for your loss but before contacting anyone please be sure you have the necessary authority as the nominated executor or personal representative of the deceased.

Last edited:
Thanks. The particulars above are for my Dad and I'm just tidying up little accounts here and there. He has dementia and would in no way be able to do this. I'm not executor but they are happy to leave me to the donkey work. Ah sure I'll post the stuff into the banks you mention and see how it goes. Thanks for the replies and the condolences.

Don't just post stuff in to the banks. Address your correspondence to the Bereavement Unit. Don't send in any original documentation. As mathepac says in post #4 they may not deal with you as you are not an executor. But really this is the executor's responsibility - not yours.

Back