Water problems following an outage

Jean2019

Hoping some kind soul might see this soon and help me out...

I’ve just returned from the hols with bags of washing to discover the following NOT working :: washing machine, dishwasher, all toilets and cold taps (except main kitchen cold tap)..

The following ARE working :: kitchen cold and hot tap. Hot taps in the bathrooms. The electric shower.

We did have a 6 hour water outage in the area last week and I may have used the appliances when the water was off

I’ve tried flushing the system by firmly holding the mixer taps (kitchen and bathroom) whilst water on full.. this hasn’t worked following a few attempts..

If anyone can help me, I’d be very grateful..

Kind regards
Jean

If you haven’t been using any of the valves inside ( have you?), then chances are you’ll need a plumber to fix the issue, so you may as well just get one ASAP to diagnose it as well.

Having said that, if you want to try and figure it out, I’d start from the ‘top’ of the system. So the mains water is obviously coming into the house as the kitchen tap works. The other cold taps though will be fed from a big tank of water in your attic (or hot press in an apartment). This tank is filled from the mains incoming water, so first thing is to check if that tank is empty or full. There’s a valve that lets water into it when the level of water drops, it could be stuck shut.

Thank you so much!

At the time of you posting this - I was actually doing this I think... there’s a valve on the immersion tank which I messed with and tried blocking the mixer tap again - and hey presto!!! We’re back in action!!

Thank a million

Back